設備 / サービス
設備 / サービス
チェックイン日の 60 日前までにキャンセルした場合、100% 返金されます。
Best location on The Strand!!
This place was amazing and was exactly fitted for what my group needed!! Close to shopping, restaurants/bars and most of all, the beach!!! Great place to relax and do some people watching! Bikes, rollerblades, beach chairs and beach towels, everything we needed was right there. Gary was great to work with and I would recommend this place to anyone. I plan to rent again from Gary next time I come to Manhattan Beach!!! Thanks for providing a great place for my girlfriends and me to stay for our "birthday celebration" weekend!!!
The good, bad and ugly
The summary review is that while the house is located on an amazing plot of land, there is not adequate value for money when it comes to the downsides of the place. I will break review of 2nd floor unit into 3 parts:
- Location, location, location - Probably situated on one of best plots of land in area. Half way between Hermosa and Manhattan Beach and views from 2 sides of house.
- Views - There are amazing views of ocean from both bedrooms and kitchen
- Communications - Gary was easy to work with when reserving property and in general seemed super responsive.
Messy Deck - While the house does come stocked with every imaginable beach toy, it is just sort of thrown on the deck and is very messy. It is very generous to allow renters such access but it would feel much better on the deck if the items were organized in a more efficient and effective manner.
- Ants - We arrived to hundreds of ants in kitchen. We cleaned them up and by the next day they had moved to the cabinets. It is a major bummer because we had planned on BBQing but my wife said no to any cooking whatsoever because of the ants and general dirtiness of place. I lived at the beach for 4 years so know ants are an issue but this was out of control. By the last day, they had found a single piece of candy wrapper in my son's backpack and swarmed that. It was a constant fight.
- Dirty - In general, the place just needs a thorough cleaning from top to bottom (and maybe to top again). The carpets, comforters and couches all felt very grimy and, as other reviewers have mentioned, the place needs a paint job. We had ceiling paint and plaster falling on floor! Also, the dishes, including coffee cups, had not be properly cleaned and were still dirty.
I'd first like to thankyou and respond to your positive comments. I do like when renters appreciate the location. The current property value is $25 million.
I really do try my absolute best to maintain the property along with my desert property VRBO listing 204164, it's all I do full time. I do take pride in ownership and do take criticism as constructive.
I try being at the home between every rental to make sure the home is dialed in. Unfortunately I was unable to be there prior to your stay and apologize the bikes, surfboards, boogie boards, paddle boards, beach chairs, bikes, and rest of the beach toys on the lower level were not organized as they should be.
Ants have been a huge problem up and down the beach this spring. I'm not a big fan of spraying pesticides throughout the home and ant traps are worthless. I really didn't have a solution until I got a referral from a neighbor (who also had the same problem). It's an exterminator that uses only organic products. They came out 3 times over a 3 week period to spray both inside all 3 units and outside. The third time was just prior to your stay and the spray caused the ants to come out of hiding and actually made the problem much worse for a few days which was during your stay.
The problem has been solved, I haven't seen an ant since. The exterminators now come every 3 months to prevent this from ever happening in the future.